Galactic Travels Playlist #743 for June 30, 2011.

http://wdiy.org/programs/gt/playlists/2011/110630.html

Galactic Travels is an electronic, ambient, and space music show, that
airs each Thursday at 11:04 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem,
PA, 93.9 FM in Easton, PA and Phillipsburg, NJ, 93.7 FM in Fogelsville
and Trexlertown, and webcasting on the internet.  WDIY also broadcasts
in Digital HD at 88.1 FM.

                Show #743                June 30, 2011.

RECAP:
On this show, I continued the month-long focus on Radio Massacre
International.  The Featured CD at Midnight was "Rain Falls in a
Different Way" on Northern Echo.
http://wdiy.org/programs/gt/playlists/2011/focus.html#jun

On this show, I played music by Mark Jenkins who will appear at the
Soundscapes Concert Series.  Visit the events page for details.
http://wdiy.org/programs/gt/events.html

This program was dedicated to the very fond memory of "Boombox" Dave
Horrod.  He was a good friend to me and a bright light of the people who
attended Ricochet Gatherings.  I will miss him.

PLAYLIST:

11:04 pm
ARTIST               TRACK                ALBUM (label)
==================== ==================== ==============================
Kevin Braheny        Starflight 1 *       Galaxies (Hearts of Space)
Mark Jenkins         The Howling Heart    This Island Earth (AMP)
                       of Evil
Mark Jenkins         The Watchmen of      This Island Earth (AMP)
                       Heaven
Papercutz            Is Fading            Do Outro Lado Do Esphelho
                                            (Audiobulb)
VA [Callisto]        The Darkness of      A Little More Night Music (AD
                       Night                Music)
Takashi Suzuki       Resonance in Blue 3  Resonance (none)
Gert Emmens          Part 19              The Nearest Far Away Place
                                            Volume 3 (Groove)
Radio Massacre       Rain Falls In a      Rain Falls in a Different Way
  International        Different Way        (Northern Echo)

12:00 am
ARTIST               TRACK                ALBUM (label)
==================== ==================== ==============================
Radio Massacre       Pluto                Rain Falls in a Different Way
  International                             (Northern Echo)
Radio Massacre       Silicon Psychosis    Rain Falls in a Different Way
  International                             (Northern Echo)
Radio Massacre       The Emissary         Rain Falls in a Different Way
  International                             (Northern Echo)
Radio Massacre       M.F. in the Sky      Rain Falls in a Different Way
  International                             (Northern Echo)
Radio Massacre       Chainless & Beauty   Rain Falls in a Different Way
  International        Black                (Northern Echo)
Radio Massacre       Yeager               Rain Falls in a Different Way
  International                             (Northern Echo)
Radio Massacre       Everywhere's         Rain Falls in a Different Way
  International        Somewhere *          (Northern Echo)

1:00 am

 * = excerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)
++ = Advance CDR from Artist
-- = Background music under interview

NEXT SHOW:
On the next Galactic Travels, I'll begin a month-long focus on Jürgen
Haible.  The Featured CD at Midnight will be "Of Eagles and Prophets"
which is a self-released title.
http://wdiy.org/programs/gt/playlists/2011/focus.html#jul

Bill
Host of Galactic Travels, an electronic, ambient, and space music show,
Thursdays at 11:04 pm EDT/GMT-4 on WDIY 88.1 FM in Allentown and
Bethlehem, 93.9 FM in Easton and Phillipsburg, and on 93.7 FM in
Trexlertown and Fogelsville.  WDIY also broadcasts in HD Digital Radio
on 88.1 FM.
Galactic Travels web site: http://galactictravels.info
Listen to WDIY on-line.