Re: OT: more Logic hell... this time .. control assignments!

Title: Re: OT: more Logic hell... this time .. control assignment

Mark,

 Try the "controller assignments" window (Logic->Preferences->Control Surfaces,  be sure to  "reset all controller assignments"..

It's not difficult, and as always be sure to RTFM...

-Chuck

Anyone know why I cant get my controll assignments for the transport buttons to work. Im using a 61 key Axiom keyboard. and Im positioned far away from my laptop.. so I need those rewind play and record buttons to work... I followed these...
http://audio.tutsplus.com/tutorials/recording/how-to-configure-your-axiom-control-surface-with-logic-pro-9/

...instructions, but they are VERY intermitant, if they work at all.. In fact I see some number on the transport increasing by one as I press the button ive assigned, and occasionaly (different for each button) it WILL fire off the required control and Logic will Play/stop etc...

I have had nothing but trouble form Logic, am really hating it.. I kep plugging away because, a) I paid for it.. and b) its supposed to be good aint it? I just know that when ever I have to use it again, I spend more time configuring and fiddling than playing.. thats not good...

bring back Reason, all is forgiven...

Mark

PS: I just got my PPL statement and noticed that Steve Reichs Music for 18 Musicians (Section II) Is the 10th most played classical record of 2010... cool!

Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com
www.ordoabkhao.com
http://vimeo.com/user825094