Re: OT: more Logic hell... this time .. control assignments!

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 6:11 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> OH and while Im at it, how the BLOODY HELL do I pitch a clip on the
> timeline? I can just regular old transpose, or reverse for than matter?

Three ways I know about in Logic that would answer your question:

1) If working with Apple Loops (guessing that is what you mean by "a
clip"?) you double-click inside the global transposition track
(guessing that is what you mean by "the timeline"?) to place a node.
Then drag nodes up or down in pitch to transpose the playing loops. I
think this is a tedious way and prefer simply lasso selecting certain
apple loops in the arrange window and chose a value for the
Transposition playback parameter in the Inspector to the left. If you
have a long apple loop that needs to be transposed at a point within
its duration I still prefer the faster arrange window method: simply
cut the loop and transpose the coming part different! Crossfading for
smooth transition over the cut (Inspector setting applied to selected
part or using the crossfade mouse tool).
2) Open the audio file in the sample editor and transpose the file
destructively (double-clicking the audio region).
3) Select the audio region and activate "Follow Tempo" by ticking the
so called box in the Inspector on the left side (only works for audio
you have recorded, not for "canned samples").

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com