Re: Composing/Planning the Looping Fun

Sorry, not time at hand right now to listen through the old Beatles
catalog. But I estimate, from memory, that you hear that thing in
around every third or fourth Beatles song from the early days.
Probably on the Help album I think. Sometimes I've also heard the
Beatles change a typical major subdominant into a minor for a stick.
That would hint at an augmented fifth from the main key's perspective
and as such not as much "breaking rules" as the key change
(major/minor).

per