Re: New Moog Lap Steel

Richard A:
 Thanks for the kind words and feedback, yes the switches, I was just discussing that very issue today with a  friend,  I wish someone would come up with a rubber cap of some sort to put over switches of this type to dampen the click. It wouldn't take much to at least minimize this issue. haven't yet tried to open the gordius LG to see if I can dampen the sound with foam  on the inside, anyone tried that?The real solution when the volume isn't loud enough to drown it out, is to import the wave  file in to Cubase and use the  audio from the computer, which is cricket free, which for the most part i'm always recording, and the vids are a way of documenting what I've done. As soon as I teach myself to use that feature in Cubase, My vids will be more pro, I'll have pole dancers and four cameras going and a dog show as well :-)
Stano and Andy B:
 Thanks for sticking up for me,  Bros  though I've developed a thicker hide since a certain Welsh gentleman made the same critique a while back ;-) ya gotta be tough in this biz i tell ya ! The mics on the Q3,  seem to be hyper sensitive in the high frequencies,  a bit sizzly sounding. So they seem to magnify that sound a bit. The  clicky shit annoys me too believe me.
Daniel T:
 Mi casa tu casa, Absolutely yes,  Finding the time in the next week or so before  I have to pass it along may be an issue, as I suddenly got very busy. but I'll have it when the review is over. as well,  I have to meet one of the participants in the review who will be in Bonny doon the weekend after next so maybe i can bring it by for a few hours that Saturday or Sunday, before I hook up with him. The him being Robert Powell, a forward thinking pedal steel / lap steel player from the North SF bay who I shared some album credits with 20 years ago.
 Louie A:
 Not a chance, the bridge required for this instrument needs to rout the strings through the back,and has additional shielding done. and as cool as this is,  it doesn't really replace my other lap steels in terms of what they do and how they sound. The guitar Hideki made for me that has the multi bender   has a wonderful crisp high end and great bass  that is singular in sound, perhaps the best sounding lap steel i've ever played. reminds me a bit of an old rickenbacher steel  I once owned.
Ted: Honestly I think this technology lends itself better to the lap steel than to a a regular guitar, as rolling the fingers over the frets can cause more drop in the sustain until you reach a new location, whereas the sliding a bar from one position to another seems to have less of this issue. Makes me feel a bit like a theremin player.  i'm surprised i haven't seen more Moog guitar players whipping out a finger slide , but maybe I'm just not paying attention. One thing I did notice, these pickups have there own sound and way of driving the signal that is unique, if you are expecting the sound of a PAF or P-90 or a good single coil, you might be disappointed.  I like the sound very much but its different. What I really liked about  the Moog LS  is how the instrument really comes alive in your hands,  and  I like it best with the filters bypassed and the _expression_ pedal assigned to control the intensity of the sustain. However if you are a filter lover this thing has two classic moog choices with a wide range of control. I wasn't totally moved by the guitar either the limited time i spent with it but that was partly do to the look, and the price tag made me want to not like :-)
Mark F: wow thanks a lot, man ,   Nancy called me from Asheville where she is visiting her Mom and heard the news first and said I needed to get in touch with you and find out if you were OK, glad you are and sorry for the madness  there in Oslo.
Brian:  Thanks, it really is a different beast,  a real missing link  kind of mutant half guitar half analog synth, the way it handles sustain is unique,  different than other sustainers i've tried with perhaps a wider range on tone colors and control.  Its like standing in front off a wall of amps without the ear damage. i'm still not sure if I will be able to find a way to buy it but it is really seducing me, i'm just going to wait and see how this all pans out.
 Thanks for the feedback y'all
 Bill