RE: Pickup Poll

I have DiMarzio noisless singkle coils in few guitars and the sound really good.. one guitar has a "solo" in the bridge which is hot strat style pickup. Then i often use a the Tele style neck pickup... looks and sounds good..
For wide frequency sound you might also look at the Lace alumitone buckers..
One "forgotten" style of pickup is the Firebird style minihumbucker, it bucks hum but sounds like a hot Single coil and is VERY responsive to the players touch, I particularly like Lollors firebird style pickups..

Anders