Re: Roland gr55

Yeah you are missing a few things Anders.

Firstly, there are very few 12 string pickups like the GK2 and 3 to choose from, there Rolan and Axon (an one more I believe) Both need a machine to plug into, No, its not midi coming out of that pickup... yet. The guitar synth is the bit that will do that for you, and in a large way is the bit that can affect the tracking and response of the midi information. From that box you CAN connect to a synth, but in my experience there has been a greater lag and even less response.

The OTHER hex route is the VG style boxes.

The reasone why we are all getting hot under the collar about the GR55 is that its the first box to combine both systems.
So convenience... I think that is what this synth seems to offer.

Personally if I can use it for rudimentory guitar sounds (distortions and reverbs) as well as the synth stuff, it frees up some space in the rack for more weirdness...

<anders_e_bergdahl@hotmail.com> wrote:
I can see anuy knobs on the gr55 that allows for fun realtime manipulations of LFO's, filters and other fun stuff..

er.. it has a pedal?

:-))