Re: Roland (was Old Guitar Synths)

On Aug 31, 2011, at 11:30 AM, Clayton Gary Lehmann wrote:

> Take a number.

I've long felt that Roland tends to have near misses with respect to
really great products.

Example: I got an SP-808 GrooveSampler and an HPD-15 HandSonic about the
same time. They both clearly have more or less the same set of modeled
effects. The SP-808 does a lot to let you do live manipulation of the
effects using three knobs. The HPD-15 has three knobs, but completely
misses that live effects manipulation might be something one might want to
do with them.

I periodically swear off Roland equipment and then end up buying it
anyway. I figure the Boss Noise Suppressor I just got will do what it does
and I won't have this frustration. On the other hand, one of the things
that holds me back from picking up a DD-20 + SL-20 combination is the
thought that I'm going to get frustrated with something stupid Roland will
have done somewhere.

Mark