Re: New album not released!

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Michael Peters <mp@mpeters.de> wrote:
> a nice collection. Good luck with this Per!  Will you actively advertise
> for
> this in the film making scene somehow? I wouldn't know how to do that.
>
> -Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the positive vibe! :-)  I will first talk to a specific
library music label. I have listened through all of their catalog and
noticed they still lack music of a kind that I can make. I'm not
interested in all the admin work so I really hope I can sneak in
there. The very idea with providing library/production music is that
the catalog has to be so big that there is a minimal risk for a
customer to find that another player is using the same music as he has
rented for a film spot or whatever. So being a small indie provider of
prod music isn't really an option - I'm doing it at this stage more to
mock up some kind of portfolio. The media music I have created in the
past has all been commissions for certain projects; to score film (in
DVD 5.1 mixing is a big point) or making pieces for radio programs and
nothing of this old work really applies to library/production music.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 12:08 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> And I´m wondering what prices you are asking for that, Im noticing that
> you
> need to know distribution. What would you do about internet. We cannot
> track
> how many people go through our programs (well we can, but a customer
> would
> not PAY EXTRA for the music, if it was many views)

Good point, Mark! I'm up to follow the usual tariffs. As I wrote to
Michael's post the idea is to offer music for immediate and convenient
use in media productions. This music should then be pre cleared
regarding synchronizaton and mechanical rights. As a composer there is
now a legal option to register work as pre cleared and this is a huge
time and money savior for media producers looking for music. The rule
of thumb when producing pre cleared library music is that the
composer/producer gets paid for his time rather than for how
frequently the music is actually being used. So I imagine you can't be
picky about that - as the case is when it comes to non pre cleared
music.

For a long time the Swedish PRO STiM did not allow members/musicians
to compose and produce recordings and license them to a user under a
one-and-only price tag. I think it is great that this is no possible,
since all music isn't really to be compared with inventions regarding
immaterial rights.

Per