Re: GEAR alert: new Boss looper RC300 Quantise helps?

 > Why do you think quantise will help?
Mike Fugazzi wrote:
It would help cover up mistakes live?

It's also possible that you'd get the rhythm spot on,
but the algorithm would misinterpret your playing
and make a bad loop.

If you're serious about looping you'll soon learn
accuracy (well, you won't if you're using quantise).

Note: Roland/Boss have presumably picked up the term
'Quantise' from some of the top of the line loopers,
however they use the term differently.

I would get a used RC50, but had heard there is a glitch for live use where there is a pause in the initial recording.

The famous glitch fixed with a firmware update,
at least it's fixed for the first loop you record where it's most noticeable.

Honestly, most the bells and whistels on the 300 are overkill for me.

As yet we know very little about the RC-300, until the manual's available and until find out whether it actually *does* the claimed features.

Why not the Rang then?

Also check out the Vox VDL-1
2 synced loops, one a multiple of the other,
Undo/Redo on both loops,
and a nice low price.

andy butler