Re: What is Boyson doing exactly?

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 8:31 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com> wrote:
> So first you say you are picking up A GK cable and then off to the studio,
> and can't try out the GR55 till later, next you are answering LD mails...
> stop starring at that computer Boysen and get playing with the f***ing
> guitar synth... some of us wanna know what you think... OK?

Sorry, I'm just slammed with work now and off to Gothenburg (away from HQ) but right now I came in from the last session and will do some more hours with the GR55. Had a quick shot yesterday and posted the message below under the thread "GR-55" but mistakenly sent it only to Paul and not to the full list ;-)

Just found a GK cable today so I'm checking out the GR-55 tonight with
a STick driving the GC mik from the melody side fretboard. I found
that it's very cool to run the bass side fretboard's magnetic pickup
output through the GK mik as "Normal Guitar Sound" and use the modeled
Sitar sound (Cosm) for the GK mik. The Sitar sound is also layered with this
fretboard's magnetic pickup output. I like the Les Paul cosm too, but the rest doesn't resonate with me.

Manufactury synth sounds are not very good IMHO... well, actually
pretty lousy ;-))  But the programming interface is simple so it
should be easy to make this box sound a lot better. I'm starting with
the real sounds, the modeled sounds and effects and will see later on
if the synth tones can be added for any good. I like the box very
much. Not the amp sims though. But I might be wrong about this because
I'm not in my studio with full range speakers - have to rely on
headphones or a crappy home stereo for this first test.

Piz Bozong