Re: GR-55 (Re: What is Boyson doing exactly?)

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 11:05 PM, Phil Clevenger
<phil.clevenger@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a true dry path in the GR-55?

Yes, you can cable the guitar's magnetic PU output through the GK-3.
To make it dry you simply restrain from adding reverb etc. However,
all four sound sources (two Synth tones, COSM modelling sound, the
through-put normal guitar sound) are not totally separated regarding
optional effect treatments. There are two global routing schemes to
chose from, so it seems that if you strip off the reverb/delay/flanger
or whatever from the trough-put guitar PU signal this setting will
also affect some of the other four sound sources. Check the manual for
details, this is all up to personal taste.

Another cool thing is that you can plug in a laptop by USB and use the
GR-55 as both the audio interface and the MIDI interface for the
laptop. At the moment I'm running Mobius standalone looper on an
inserted laptop and this combination is very straight-forward. I set a
tempo by catching loops in Mobius and then I create my GR-55 patches
with all effects set to follow tempo from the IAC Bus (where I set
Mobius to output MIDI Clock sync signal). I like this simple
plug-n-loop combo :-)

While typing this I'm listening to Internet radio by iTunes through
the GR-55. It works well as the audio interface for whatever audio
happening on the Mac.

Per