Re: LOOPING a DRY CLEANING SHOP (Graeme Revell)

This topic brings to my mind Graeme Revell's great 1986(?) album "The Insect Musicians" where he took recordings he made of various insects after 2 years of travel he did around the world and took those recordings and manipulated the sound waves via an earlier sampler (and whatever else he used) to create the sound of "exotic new instruments" that were used in the songs he created. And on most (or all?) of the songs, he apparently also dubbed in the actual sounds by some of the insects which I thought was a nice and "respectful" touch. :-)

A truly wonderful album that also came with a great booklet telling the whole history of the project and the technical and other details. It is still available online somewhere, both the original LP and also the excellent CD box set reissue that had another previous LP release which was based on the music of the very strange Adolph Wolfli, but no insects were involved, TMK.:-) (ye'll just have do yer own research on Wolfli to see what I mean by "strange".)

Cheers,
Rev. Fever
Portland,OR
http://www.spiritone.com/~rvfever