Re: RIP Steve Jobs... What if he had never been?

> Ah, sorry, got to step in here.  Jobs didn’t MAKE anything.  He
> evangelized> it.  When Wozniak was creating the Apple computer, Jobs was
> hustling for the> money to keep making it.  He was a great evangelist
> for Apple, a great> frontman.  But he didn’t ‘make’ anything.>

He made things happen.  He wasn't just hanging out with people who
made macs, pixar movies and NeXTCubes.  In fact NeXT and OpenStep are
probably his biggest legacies (these are things OS X are made of).
It's putting a lot of faith in coincidence to believe he didn't make
any of it happen...  he wasn't all about the money.   He founded NeXT
and I doubt he just hired a bunch of guys and told them " here's some
money, please make something awesome for me and I'll sell it very
well."  NeXT made some great computers (for the time) but I don't
believe they sold very well.

Sylvain