Re: Re: RIP Steve Jobs... What if he had never been?

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Simeon Harris wrote:
i happen to love apple stuff but even if i didn't, i'd be sad to see
such an innovator pass away so young.
I'm with you here, Simeon.

No ifs, ands or buts............he had a huge impact on our world and , consequently on the
way we work, communicate and think.

Personally,  I abhor iTunes.    Of course,  Jobs didn't begin this way of thinking (Napster did),
but what I dislike is that iTunes has the arrogance to tell artists what they are able to
charge for their products.

They are so ubiquitous so one doesn't really have the ability to chose another vendor to sell stuff.
In other words,  it hurts sales for those who could charge more and it deprives sales and exposure
from new artists who don't have the 'clout' to sell a song for 99 cents.

IMHO, an artist should have the ability through supply and demand, to charge whatever they want for
a download:   not according to iTunes where 99 cents is the law.

But life is complex and things have to be seen in shades of gray.

Steve Jobs deserves a ton of credit for his vision despite the fact that I, personally, have a few
beefs with the way Apple has gone in the last five years...........

I believe he deserves our gratitude for his impact on culture.

Rick Walker