preview for my upcoming album "Akustik Kies: Reflexiv Hören"

Hey gang,

there's a preview for the upcoming second half of my piano solo double album "Akustik Kies", scheduled for release in November 2011.

http://soundcloud.com/moinlabs/ein-strandspaziergang-ohne

(The first half, which doesn't contain any looping or other processing, is here: http://moinlabs.de/index.php?id=288)

Akustik Kies is a collection of solo piano improvisations which I did as part of my MoinSound Studio Sessions. On the first half (Transitiv Sehen), there's unprocessed piano, the second half is piano plus added processing oddness.

The track above, "Ein Strandspaziergang ohne Netzwerk (lang)" (a walk on the beach without networks (long)), starts of with until about 0:30 with som unaccompanied intro, which is then looped, halfspeeded and sent through some surreal reverb. Later (around 1:00), the track sees some short (susrec, susmult) loops, to create some odd groove which you can hear unobstructed around 2:03, on top of which a slow melodic development starts.

A repeating cadenza is stated at 4:27, while in the background the loops start to fade. 5:10 sees the dominating motif, a kind of flamenco-inspired figure for the ending of the track.

Enjoy!

         Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de