Re: Interesting critique of Wednesdays' Y2KX+1 show

Quoting Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com>:

I got an email from someone who attended last night's show in San Jose
and I thought it was fascinating, and although I found his praise of Bill's and my
set flattering,  I did not agree in the slightest with the 'take'

This person wrote:
"I thought Wednesday's show was heavy on the avant garde. Although, your performance was outstanding!

Might one of the three Santa Cruz days feature more "conventional" music?

Anyone else who was there,  care to weigh in on this comment.

This year I am unable to attend though I've participated for the last four years.

My thought is that the Y2K loopfest attracts performers from all over the world. Why would someone expend the time and expense to attend a festival of "conventional" music far away when "conventional" music is available just about everywhere?

I don't really consider my music to be "avante-garde" however it is unconventional. A festival of "conventional" music would not be interested in me, anyway.

With you in spirit,

Kevin