Re: Which macbook for live audio?

Short answers:
1. If money's not an issue, get the biggest baddest macbook available -- just because you can.
2. If money matters,  consult with the developers of ableton because every piece of software uses resources differently and they would be in the best position to advise you.

FWIW,  1 Gb will store about 1.5 hours of uncompressed CD audio stereo data.

Cheers,
Mike