Re: livelooping.bandcamp.com

As an observer/ my first impressions as a person judging music by the tag it goes by, which I don't actively seek to do, I recognize I inherently do:

 The name 'livelooping' itself is fairly noncommittal, and representative of an act that any musician who owns a 'looping device' does. It gives me the impression  of being an experiment more than anything deterministic, and most likely chosen by the anonymous person because it is of a noncommittal nature.

If you would consider this (the 11/11/11 'event') to be an honest attempt at reaching music in a spontaneous (or undeterministic) means; than you may want to consider a more defined title for the project. One that shows it is not just 'throwing stuff at a wall and seeing what sticks.' That is fine, and to be encouraged, but it seems the aim of this is (slightly) more serious than that. That isnt to say the title chosen can't be lighthearted, but a more defined/representative name of the group should reflect its aim in some way and reflect an intent of using looping as more than a device for filling space (which 'live looping does not'.)

A suggestion:

Calling it what it is; but for that, perhaps a further discussion on the aim/intent of the event would be necessary. This discussion would also most likely be beneficial to the participants as to defining a 'start point,' or a common perspective.

And with that being said (or, rather- written!;) having a page that is a platform for future expansion is ideal in any situation.

Suggestions off the top of my head: Loopers collective, Looping Musicians Cooperative, Research contingent of the greater musicians' body for the exploration and greater implementation of looping as a compositional device and performance aid (theres a joke there, somewhere,) Loopers Amalgamated(or 'collaborative', or 'united')

Then, a specific 'album' title of the event?

Cheers!