Re: Re: livelooping. Ambient.

Looping is super popular if the techniques are in popular music.

Cubism is implementation(through painting) of a perception of form. Through implementing and designing process that involve looping, I have applied cubist techniques in my looping. Those processes lead to specific outcomes, and since the outcome is specific, I can't call it 'live looping' to identify it, so I call it something else.

(btw, cubism was a very popular movement- you can tell because we are still talking about it- and the word is known in every household.) There is no other movement that had the same effect over those years (dada was immediately following and came later.) Even Matisse couldnt produce work that coined a term heard in every household.

Another misconception:
"not all important musical and art movements are popular ones"
If they weren't popular, they wouldnt be call a movement. It would be an 'event' or a 'scene'

Art is its own reward! (if not- then call it something else)

The comment of "it's really hard to compare what I'm trying to do to most loopers setups" is exactly WHY I look at the term 'live looping' like how I did. I taught guitar for years. The was no point where I said '12 bar blues is behind me.' In fact, I find the form quite liberating.

With that being said (written,) since this discussion seems to be orientated around a festival and its definition, then it makes sense in that context. Taken out of that context, it seems to spiral out into areas where other terms are more appropriate.