RE: livelooping. organic

Yes most are re-using pre-programmed sequences but quite a few Elektron users are experimenting and improvising on both drum machines (Machine drum) and the Synth sequencer from Elektron (Monomachine).. and a few are re-sampling the drum and synths and improvising with slicing and and warping the loops... this is not the "usual" style but there are a few of the guys in the Elektirn forum that started with techno stuff but are drifting into more improvisation. What think is interesting with this as well as some other electronica and noise music is that traditional instruments are not needed.. one can by using sequences that are tweaked and re sampled live create musical pieces that are completely new.. I also found Ipad apps such as "samplewiz" where you can play the sample as very interesting.. I think that this is a "new" style of the future.. perhaps... I do think that it enables music that focus on texture, atmosphere and sound and very little on playing melodies.. in a way an extension of "ambient!".. but I really like the idea of playing samples a waveform as well as traditional "notes"...
(sorry for all the Elektron references, I have been lurking a while on the elektron forum in order to understand how the Octatack works..)
For example look at this and try to imagine what you can do, both with can and live sampled loops, LIVE...

And some live sampling combined with "canned" loops.. (not great bu somewhat fun)..

And then completly live guitar processing.. (live looping.. :-)
http://soundcloud.com/anders-bergdahl/the-lost-apprentice-of-the