Re: livelooping. organic

Your project is really interesting Phillip!  Thanks for sharing it.

I'm with Andy Butler when he says that this group was created originally to talk about looping music in general
........not live looping specifically.

Naturally, out of this came a group of people who were more interested in live looping than in looping music per se. A lot of them, including me, are pretty active on this mailing list.

but this particular thread has been with those people and started out because I specifically talked
about what had happened at recent live looping festivals.

However, I want to go on record that I support the discussion of ALL musics that involve looping or inform looping. This is just a thread and we are NOT trying to define a mission statement for this community.
That's very important to stress, I think.

Your approach is fascinating and I'm sure we can all learn from what you've learned on your journey. If truth be known, it was the repetitive, parts oriented quality of West African and Indonesian musics that led me here in the first place. That's a whole lot of looping and not a single piece of technology, save the acoustic instruments that they play. I want to be able to talk about that here, too.

I hope you stay and keep contributing.

respectfully,   Rick Walker