11/11/11 bummer with apologies

Ahhhhh, Rick Walker here.

I'm really bummed to admit it, but in the recording of my 11/11/11 piece tonight 1) my sound went completely out, inexplicably, after 5 minutes 2) my digital recorder, having only a 2 minute test piece in it is suddenly reading memory full, so no recording occurred. 3) my video camera stopped working in the middle of the piece for no apparent reason........it has plenty of batteries and
                    plenty of memory.
4) when the sound came back on, suddenly the volume dropped to half for no apparent reason. I stopped.......turned it back up
                     and two minutes later it went to half volume again.
All systems showing that there is plenty of signal, nothing
                   malfuntioning that I can ascertain.

Soooooooo, Maha came over and did a really beautiful loopy cam to what I was trying to play unsuccessfully and we got a recording of that.

I also composed and practised a special piece just for tonight.

Soooooo,  when I get over my emotional let down (which is considerable)
I will get up tomorrow or the next day and try to rerecord the piece in the spirit of the event though my timeing will be one day off and I'll put Maha's video piece to it. The piece is composed and in a set tempo in 11/8 so I should easily be able to syncrhonize my recording to Maha's beautiful videos.

My apologies,  I am deeply bummed out about it, but that's life.
At least I came up with a cool piece of music which I'll definitely record and put onto an album coming up.

I hope everyone had a great 11/11/11

Thanks for participating.   Sorry I don't have anything to contribute
today.

Yours,  Rick Walker