Re: Software question

Thanks Per! I noticed that too, that it is NOT Live he's working on.
The exact software was in question, but maybe it really is the Sampler
http://www.ableton.com/sampler

2011/11/14 Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com>
On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Petri Lahtinen
<kollegavalmentaja@gmail.com> wrote:
> "stored each individual note on a sampler on my laptop"
>
> Do you know which software Gotye is using on this video?
> Is it just Live's tool he's editing the samples on, or some another
> software?

Well, he said in the video he made multi sample instruments and that
probably means he must be using the add-on sampler Sampler. We already
know that he is using Ableton Live a lot, so it makes sense to guess
he is also using their sampler. The application Live is kind of like
an advanced sampler in itself, but it dosn't do "multi sample
patches". That means you make several alternative recordings of each
note and assign them to be triggered when a note is played with the
appropriate force. I.e. light note sample triggered if the note is
played lightly (= low velocity value) and hard hitting note sample
triggered if the same (MIDI) note is played harder.

In the scene where he is editing samples you don't see Live on his
screen, but I have no idea what that software might be. There are so
many useful Sample Editing applications available. And there are other
alternatives to Live's sampler, like NI's Kontakt for example (if you
want to work within other hosts than just Ableton Live).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen