Re: Live Looping without "organic" instruments.. is it live looping, "MUSIC" inside (regarding a recent debate)

Anders Bergdahl wrote:

SO it believe it something that Live Loopers ought to be interested in.

The assumption here is that live loop users aren't
interested in other forms of looping.

At least I expect that any live looper that wanted to groove
put in some time listening to canned beats to sus
out what works.

I can't say that my example would be more looping if i used the EDP to re sample the output of the sampler.. since i can resample with the sampler..

You mean 'live looping' rather than 'looping' here?

I don't think it's hard to make a rational definition of live looping.

If you prepared your loops in advance then they aren't live,
but if you play the loops and resample them into another loop device
(or indeed using the same loop device) you start live looping.

So it's easy enough to determine whether you're "using live looping techniques", even though it might not
be easy to tell from listening.

Hope the discussion gets you more listens ;-)

and if you would do cool EDP inserts would that differ from slicing, mixing and resample to alreade sampled loops/samples??

The EDP Insert works in by splicing new material into the loop, so
that the loop length is increased.

andy