Re: Live Looping without "organic" instruments.. is it live looping,"MUSIC" inside (regarding a recent debate)

Phew Per!! And I thought my messin was tricky! And you... needing all those tracks!!
Twas one of the reasons I removed half the tracks in Mobius.. too much for me!!!

Last nights gig proved this... had 2 EDPs running... then stopped both dead for a big finale... Oh no.. there a loop still going... but where... both EDPs saying dot... then I realised... Vortex patch!!! DOH!!  but hey... its Improv man... no-one noticed... (Im ALWAYS nervously checking and fiddling with gear, so Im sure no-one saw the difference!!

Mark

Indeed! (more EDP specifics here) I too found the beat sync output to
be a good trig pulse. I recorded it into a DAW as SMPTE locked audio
on an audio track. Simultaneously on another audio track I was
recording the source audio played into the EDP for the live looping
performance. Finally, on a third track, I was recording the control
MIDI sent into the EDP by me when "playing the EDP". With these three
DAW tracks all in sync I switched the EDP to "Sync = In" and fed it
from the DAW playback output with the recorded EDP sync beat, the
recorded EDP source audio and the EDP control MIDI data. What happened
then was that my EDP live looping performance was re-created in every
detail! Why did I bother to do all that? Because I only owned one EDP
and needed to create music with parallel loops going. So I kept on
repeating the same process, running my EDP synced from the first
recorded sync beat pulse and that way I filled up a bunch of multi
tracker DAW EDP tracks to be mixed. It all worked out very well. (This
was ten years ago, pre Mobius)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com