Re: Live Looping without "organic" instruments.. is it live looping, "MUSIC" inside (regarding a recent debate)

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 7:30 PM, Matt Davignon <mattdavignon@gmail.com> wrote:
At my venue, we call that "karaoke", even if there's no singing involved.

Yeah yeah, Matt, but ... um your venue is gonna say stuff like that, being (like myself) from the ahem .. upper echelons of musical pretentious-ness...

I think that playing over a backing track can be cool as fuck, playing over a drum-machine can be very cool (see link below), but there does have to be some playing... live.

Cheesy drum-machine played and played over by the very wonderful "Children and corpse playing in the streets".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRnUAwDaU0Y

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com