Re: Live Looping without "organic" instruments.. is it live looping,"MUSIC" inside (regarding a recent debate)

Ben,

You and I seem to have similar ideas.

I have a G2m, and I want to try to use it for Voice-to-MIDI in the same way, recording a vocal loop and then using that loop to control MIDI instruments. Maybe I'll then capture the audio output from the MIDI instrument, and then use the G2M again to record another loop using a different MIDI instrument.

And I also have a Fairlight Voicetracker VT-5 that will produce CV that I hope to use similarly if I can get a vintage synth with CV inputs. But I really don't know how all of that works yet.

Lately, I've been recording a vocal loop and sending it through my TC- Helicon VoiceLive, then playing chords on the keyboard so that the loop becomes four-voice harmony from the VoiceLive. it's still the basic loop that's triggering the sounds, so I figure it's still live looping because I sing the first loop live and then play the harmonies on the keys.

Peace and adventure,
Michael Carlson (3x09)