From: Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com>
To: Boris Plotnikov <ploboris@gmail.com>
Cc: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2011 6:21:41 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Boss PS-6 as a tool for looped bass.

For what it's worth, I've tried every small stomp box solution on the market for down octaving
(and with every conceivable kind of instrument, from acoustic/electric strings to kalimbas to percussion, et. al.)
and I have to say that the pedal with the best response and most natural
sound that I've encountered is, ironically and happily,  the cheapest one on the market.

It's called the Danelectro Chili Dog.

It's set up exactly like the Boss Octaver but tracks far better and sounds more natural
(less artifacts).

You have separate volume control of initial sound (dry), one octave down and two octaves down.

Anecdotally,  when the famous Norwegian bassist, Arild Andersen came to headline the looping
festival a few years back,  he requested that I provide him with a Boss OC-2 for his performance.

I owned one at the time and sent it over to his hotel room along with the Chili Dog to also try out.
After using the Chili Dog he made me sell him mine..............lol.

that's a pretty ringing endorsement (especially from someone playing an electric upright).

The good news:    only $35 or $40  USD with the same footprint as a Boss pedal.

I do also really like the PS-6, especially because of it's versatility, but the bass sound is not
as good as the Chili Dog, imho.

Rick Walker