Re: GR-55 tip

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 12:15 AM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> Ive been doing something like this .putting slow slicer before a
> delay... if
> the slicers speed is slower than (or is it just out of synch with) the
> delay, it goes around filling up spaces...

Yes, a nice one :-)

> Is that the purpose of the "kill switch" to hard-mute the input?

> How are you
> making it.. by the way?

Controlling volume somewhere I guess, a little different in each patch
I've mad. Don't remember the details. Will check... well here it is:
for starters, in the "edit / master / pedal-gk-ctl" I set the "ctl
function" to momentary mode. Then under "edit / master / assign" I set
up tabs for the CTR button. Like with the GR300 sound I set the CTR to
momentary target "model synth/analog pitch sw" att full range ("lo =
0" and "high = 127", I think this results in one or two octave's jump
for this sound). Other viable targets here are "tone switch" for
kill-switch-swapping sound during playing notes. Hmm... well, that's
it for the GR55. I guess most of the "machine-gun kill-switch" effect
comes from that other fuzz sound slapped on the magnetic PU output
line and targeted also from the GR55 CTL button but through sending
out MIDI (going into Ableton Live and the Amplitube 3 plugin).

But the details are not important. The point is the control signal
path: kicking the CTL button as momentary to alter something. In my
case here I typically target many parameters, both within the GR55 and
outside it. This was one point with my post - to say, with an example,
that it is also cool to double up and use the GR55 to control other
stuff over MIDI.

Per