Re: Roland GR55 - First Impressions review

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 4:55 PM, William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com> wrote:
The GR33 has a fixed non programmable arpeggiator what they give you is what you get. as far as I know the GR30 was the only roland guit-synth to have a programmable arp.
 Bill

Hmm... still interesting... a friend has a pretty unused 33, wonder what he wants for it?
then Id have to install a third Hex pickup...
I d7led the manual now, it says there are 50 preset arp paterns.. I dont know Bill isnt that probably gonna work? For me I find that theres SO much variation just in how many strings you play before you hit the hold pedal or how you add srings to the arp, that Im not event that aware of ..."the pattern". I spend alot of time in the past programing arp patterns on the 30, but after a bit I stopped bothering. Now I just start a new patch from one with a Arp pattern I lke and save it somewhere else... If I had 50 to choose from, Im sure I would much rather step through them finding a nice one, than laboriously transfering one from another patch, like you have to with the 30... You cant easily audition the patterns WITH the sound you are gonna use.

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com