Re: Cass county waltz

This track had 4 tracks, a single note ostinato I created my toggling track speed as i recorded the loop if you toggle track speed every two beats while recording a simple 1/8th note figure you get a 3/4 time signature check the archives more more possibilities with this technique. I also layed down a guit-box track using half pseed again to create the shaker part and layered faux kick and snare on top, i also recorded a quantize replace track set to a factor of 12 to create and underlying 12/8 pulse, again playing very minimal note choices with in the key. lastly after i had established my main theme i played a VIm V IV progression in half speed, soloed over it a bit without over dubbing, came back in to overdub toward the end of the IV chord and hit a replace/1/2 speed/reverse command to end overdub and flip the chord progression around as I jump and octave. I do this technique a fair amount to book end a progression by playing it in reverse at twice the speed.
 Bill

Curious about the mechanics of the reversed section...

It's a IV - V - vi progression, which I hadn't heard looped prior...

I did note a vi - V - IV section before but structurally it's different than the IV - V - vi section,so i don't think you are reversing that....

Are you playing the changes yourself over tonally non-committed backing bits? And are you reversing only one track or several?

Must have listened to that track a dozen times now Bill, really lovely work.

Phil :)