Re: Re: LP2 Random Retrigger - Quarter/Quadruple Speed

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, andy butler wrote:..
about my use of 1/4, 4X function in the LP-2:

"Sure, but the way *you* use the speed change while building up layers is a lot more interesting that the more common technique
of "do a loop then half speed it", and I reckon that 1/4
speed works much better used in your way. "

Well, I used it in a more experimental way............I notices that if I kicked the presently recorded loop down to 1/4 speed at random places, then I could play a really rapid set of notes in a burst..............kicked back up to speed would give me these little bursts of hi pitched information...........it worked especially well with mute picking so that you'd really get the
click of the pick on the strings.

As is frequent with some of my improvs, I couldn't tell you what I did because I never do exactly the same thing twice (with the expeption of noticing that a particular piece of found objects make for a good 'piece')

So I apologize for not being more articulate.

As soon as I have the money, I need to get one of those zoom cameras that my brother has to make a video that both has high quality audio and HD video. Right now I don't have a good solution for high quality video and high quality audio.........as soon as I can afford that, I'll start making videos like bill does, then people
can tell what I do.

right, so where does that rapid retriggering (stutter) sound
come from? ...and I thought I heard those getting looped too.
Well, the unit does to Retrigger (continuous) so I probably used that as well.

about playing ostinato rhyms with the new Random Retrigger function:

"so it really needs a smooth loop for that to be perceivable "
Exactly..............this technique works best if you use non-transient oriented loops (i.e., ambient styled, if dense timbrally) It's much more aggro and avant garde sounding if you split up rhtyhmic tracks with transients in them.

As soon as BIll and I have saleable LP-2s in our hot little hands, we'll begin making a Video Manual
and be available for questions.   I promise.

Rick Walker

excellent

andy