Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V11 #941

To me, there are two reasons why the mailing list at Loopers Delight should continue.

1) Everything posted is archived and, thus easily researchable. I can't tell you how many times, I've told a complete newbie to take their extensive questions and research them first in those archives.

2) The Loopers Delight mailing list is not moderated, whereas the FaceBook Loopers Delight page is. I disagreed with Kim about this one initially, but over the years, I've come to see that all things get
worked out and that in the end,  bad behavior is not rewarded on the list.

I prefer the older anarchic approach, personally.

I do appreciate the L.D. FB page because it has stimulated so much posting of videos and audio, something that is inconvenient at best on the Loopers Delight mailing list, so I don't think one or the other should
be eliminated.

That said and done, I think it would be wise to fold the Live Looping group into the Loopers Delight Facebook group or vice versa just to knock down the redundancy of posts.

I frequently post to all three but just because I don't want to miss anyone in the community and it
would be good to reduce the traffic.

At the same time, there are a lot of loopers from all over the world who have reached out to this community because of the L.D. FB page so I think it's a good think to have duplicated postings at times.

I don't know about you, but if I see something that is duplicated, I just don't reading.
It's my own brains'  news filter.

yours,
Rick Walker