Re: Boss DR 880?

In looping (I dont own an rc-50) Ive used switching devices before a volume pedal into looping devices. I wouldn't ever use the drum machine and instrument in parallel, so multiple sources would almost never be active simultaneously. The volume pedal helps control dynamics and source levels.

Of course, my only drum machine is a circuit bent alesis hr-16, and is unpredictable as a motherf*cker, so I need level control readily at hand, but I would still use the same configuration for almost any sound source (even banjo).