Re: Liking/Disliking your own music

" I tend to not like my music during a loop session but after going back and listening to the recording I end up liking it. How do I get myself to enjoy looping and make it more interesting?"

This is an issue with perspective and awareness. If you find you like your work after more time has past, you need to distance yourself from your work "in the moment."

Meditation allows for this. Also, drugs were a device for this in music communities for a long time (still are,  I read some remarks regarding looping and pot a while back on here. I dont make music while high- for many reasons- and Ive gone onto work on variations of listening perspectives to gain additional distance 'in the moment' and overcome the 'handicap'.)

Part of the issue is feeling unease with letting processes work on their own. Control freaks need to control, but with looping- this is often detrimental to the success of the work. Composers tend to be control freaks.  This is where the spiral begins....

After becoming comfortable with the process of looping in composition, I got to a point of listening to it exactly as it is. To get to that point, I think there has to be hundreds, if not thousands, of challenges (and assessments-in as real and objective terms as possible) to one's sensibilities- until it is possible to just one's own work without bias, sentimental or otherwise, or getting charmed by the 'newness' of it---or even resorting to like/dislike because of taste.