Re: Old Mainstage version?

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 5:19 AM, TripleOhNine <3x09@carlsonarts.com> wrote:
> Hey, how do I get a copy of the old version of Mainstage, now that there
> is
> a Mainstage 2?  I don't really want the new features, and I assume the
> old
> one is less demanding of CPU, or at least will run on my older OSX
> version.

Hi Michael,

As far as I know the only way to get an old version would be to
install it from the Logic Studio Pro DVD. Can be tricky as this
product is not sold anymore. Myself I stayed on Mainstage 1.0.1 (2007
Macbook) for one and a half year after Mainstage 2.0 was introduced.
But regarding CPU efficiency I'm finding MS 2.2 much less hungry than
MS 2.x when using an i7 MBP (it seems the two cores as two processors
and if having the four core machine it sees it as four processors -
something I didn't think would be possible to achieve with live input
audio but I guess Apple has found a way to divide coding between
functions that work in real-time and can be optimized and code that
needs fixed input data? Just a guess.)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com