Re: Playing Beatpads (mpd, mpc etc.)

I regularly play with drummers that use beat pads and my experience is
that the answer to your question is the way the individual player
designs his setup. I.e. what sounds he assigns to the different pads.
And this has of course to a great deal to do with the physical
locations of the different pads - the playability.

Any trap set drummer starts out by adjusting every drum in the kit
before starting to play. His allocation of drums in space depends on
the size of his body, what drum sticks he uses and what technique he
plays with. Same thing with electronic pads. Just set them up to be as
physically playable as possible.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com