Re: Copyrighting Improvised Music

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Petri Lahtinen
<kollegavalmentaja@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think basicallly that national copyright offices and the legislation
> is so way behind, of this new business model that they are just about to
> realise how things should be dealt in 21st century.

I think you are right about that, but one should not forget that this
is also the point. In order to protect immaterial property - like
music, that in fact is just a unique idea about distribution of sound
in time - the law has to focus on more fundamental values than the
fluctuating market related factors business models typically are
dealing with.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com