Re: Stereo Separation or Mono Y Mono?

In a perfect world of stereo mixes I would definitely go stereo, but Live sound ain't always that way so my rig is set up for either mono or stereo. Though I prefer two stereo pairs, one for the loops to pan them wider and two for the instrument so that stereo delays for example come out stereo, or one mono instrument and a stereo loop pair also works as you can pan the loops wide and keep the instrument in the center. Like you Mike I'm still doing the hardware thing. If I had a rig like yours and didn't want to spend extra dough, I'd set it up this way:
Mic
Chili Dog Octave Pedal
Sans Amp Bass Driver DI
Line 6 M13
Boomerang III
PA
with the stereo effects after the bass di to send a stereo pair to the house. If you are attached to sending the balanced di out from you Sans amp, you could buy another and stick them at the end of your chain to preserve the stereo.
 Bill