Re: Panic Mode

Mark how was it in your Crane days when I'm assuming you were playing to
somewhat larger draws than a looping crowd?  Was the rush different, was
the sense of sound, loud, sense of space with the audience different?

I'm asking you as I'm guessing you are the one in our midst who has played
large gatherings and I apolOgize to any toes I'm stomping :) .  Rick I
suspect you have played large so the floor is open.

For my money this is one of the more interesting recent threads.  I
personally don't get fright or fear perse anymore but I do get anxious
energy.  What I mean by that is I wen thru years ago a couple times when I
got so gimped up that I would shake, had one horrible show in the 80's
where it really felt my hands were cannons and I forgot everthing in the
world about the guitar.

In the 90's after going thru some major changes musically a teacher here
in NY as well as a later therapist (yes everyone in NY....) Taught me the
value of relaxing, the Zen 'fall still', playing for people and not the
'internal' musician, and just help in arrIving at confidence and a belief
in my muse.  That period of time I really experienced the greatest growth.

Good thread folks...

Jim