Re: Music or bad habits ruining it for me.

Use an alarm clock! Set it for an hour and quit when it rings. There
really is no other way than to just do it. If an alarm clock doesn't
bring out of the zone then use the good old "social method"; tell
people that you're going to do a certain thing and then use your fear
of letting them down to help your motivation. It's all about
motivation; do what you want to do - but understand that it isn't
optimal to do it all at once or simultaneously.

To tell the truth I didn't learn this myself until I became a parent,
because then my constant multitasking in all areas of life was totally
destructive to the child. It would have been great for me to learn it
earlier though ;-))  because the benefits are greater than I could
imagine.

Per