Echoloop VST MIDI controller

Hey loopers,

Anyone using the Echoloop VST maybe help me out  here?

Running Echoloop VST inside Ableton, sending MIDI via Gordius LG.

Having a knotty time of it, finally got some response from the VST but only when using Ableton's MIDI mapping mode. So no matter what command the LG is sending, if I've mapped it in Ableton, the control responds. Fine, BUT that limits me to the VST controls that are exposed in the UI.

Going back to the drawing board, I can find no way to get the VST to respond to direct MIDI.

There is likely a clue here in text from Matthias' manual, but I am not sure what it means really:

For the VST Parameters (accessed by the host...), its slightly different since the knobs (CC in MIDI) are in the same list. So far only the real buttons have a parameter. Power user want them all:
- 8 real buttons
- 34 virtual buttons
- 4 knobs
- 25 menu items

I have the VST MIDI channel (BtnChan) set to 2, and sending commands via channel 2 from LG. I've tried every possible setting off/on in the MIDI prefs. In any case, Ableton is 'seeing' the MIDI incoming, but VST does not respond (unless I succumb to Ableton MIDI mapping) :)

What am I missing here?

Many thanks in advance.

Phil :)