Re: Echoloop VST MIDI controller

Wow - thanks so much Per and Ricky.

Ricky, your file tests well and perfectly illustrates the solution. And I bet your steak was delicious :) Can't wait to get home later and do the real work with incoming MIDI from the LG.

Per... THANK YOU ! Yes there is a reasonable explanation in the abstract about MIDI routing in the manual. And in the help, rollover and panel-bound. But this kind of application of MIDI command assignment is one I have not come across before, so it did not occur to me that this was a *routing* issue. I spent easily 8 hours poring over the old EDP assignment texts, the updated Echoloop assignment texts, Ableton's assignment texts in the manual and helps, searching LD and other internet forums, checking my work in the Gordius, engaging in some trial and error in case the manuals were in any way erroneous, trying out different MIDI pref settings, and so on. Was not at all sure this was an Ableton problem anyway... (meanwhile my wife keeps popping in and poking me for 'geeking out,' asking why I don;t just 'pick up the guitar and play some freaking songs...lol )

SO you see I thought this to be an assignment or compatibility issue, rather than a routing issue. I could have spent another eight hours and still not found the explanation, because I was looking for the wrong solution !

And in the end, Per, your explanation is so much better than those in Ableton... For instance, read the text for the Track/Sync/Remote prefs in the rollover help, unless you are a MIDI pro they make little sense. Your explanation has helped me to grok that for the first time :D  Maybe you should write their manuals :)

So huge thanks to you folks. I am sure there are others who will also benefit from this exchange here besides just me. What on earth did we ever do before the interweb?

Phil :D

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Ricky Graham <rickygrahammusic@gmail.com> wrote:
Sent

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 7:55 PM, Ricky Graham