LP1 in MIDI Sync Mode

For Looperlative gurus:

When synching LP-1 to external clock, I have been frustrated what I
thought were synch issues.

But paying closer attention, I think it may be As Designed:

- - - - -

In MIDI Sync/Rec mode, the start point of the new loop is precisely when
the Rec button is pressed. It is not quantized to the next sync pulse or
next bar. But it does capture time measured precisely in bars. What this
means is that the start of the loop and the downbeat of beat one are *not*
necessarily the same. And Q-Replace operations will likely not be in good
alignment with the clock pulse or other material slaved to that clock
pulse.

But, if one creates an empty loop, and then begins to overdub material
into it, that material will be perfectly synched to the clock pulse, and
to any other material playing to that clock pulse. This also means that
starting and stopping  loop in this context is a bad idea; rather, one
must drop that loop in and out using volume change commands instead of
start and stop commands.

- - - -

Is this picture consistent with your own LP-1 MIDI Synch experiences?

Best,

Phil :)