Re: What are the looper features that manufacturers are stupid to leave out? (SUPER DD20)

Most fun in the olden days? Roland RE-201. Record a loop on 1/2 track 1/4" tape. feed it into Roland and make splice. A LOOP!!! Turn the tape upside down,,, REVERSE LLOP!!! record 1 track forward, other track in reverse. Put in Roland, splice. MAYHEM!!!! .Plus vari-speed, self generating feedback, etc. All it needed was a switch to disable the erase/record heads. When done with loop,,, hang on peg in wall for later use. Weird how with much time and little money, the things we came up with when we were boys.
Rig

From: Jeff Duke <jeffloops@gmail.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 12:08 PM
Subject: Re: What are the looper features that manufacturers are stupid to leave out? (SUPER DD20)

I now I was going overboard but really if I could get a stereo EH 16 second delay with tap tempo I would buy it right now Probably two! If it had tap loop length I figure you could re tap while it plays etc..
And yes, make it the Scott Hanson signature model EH 16 second delay!

Back to lurk mode and back to you laptop/phrase sampler guys! (ducking and covering)

peace out,

Jeff