Re: loops with a drummer?

ya, I like that too, very interesting... leaves a lot of possibilities open

my music is improvised too, just so we're on the same page

a lot of times I will tap in a tempo that is a subdivision of what we had
been playing for the previous 5 minutes... like dotted quarter notes....
that always makes for some fun results similar to what you're talking
about.

All my drummers have been happy to play with the click track.
Professionals in NYC do that all the time, so it's old hat for these
guys... we do it in synch, but the word strict doesn't enter into it...

where do you live?

Teddy