Re: Looperlative LP2

Hi Zak, I have not been paying much attention to LD as of late, and since I haven't received my LP-2 yet, I'm waiting till all of the pre orders have been met before I get one, I'm very curious about what your signal path from start to finish is. One thing I have noticed about my own rig when I'm using tube amps is , because I have a host of gain increasing effects placed in front of my amp, I have taken to using the low gain input on my tube amps. I prefer low wattage amps like my trusty BF princeton reverb, and since these amps don't have the headroom of higher wattage amps, more care must be taken to get the signal right before it hits the amp. One such effect, the Xotic ep booster is always on and because it can boost the signal at least 20 db, I find I have less likelihood of overdriving the amp inadvertently when I'm playing clean if I use the lower gain input.. I use a variety of string gauges and pickup types, so I have to be diligent when changing from a guitar with relatively low out put, like my strat set up with a 010-048 set, to a guitar with humbucking pickups and heavy strings like my asher lap steel set up with a gauge that goes from 016-058. I actually will vary the settings on my ep booster or my compressor to compensate for the gain disparity between various instruments. All of this I assume is old news to you, but if you still have the LP-2, and its not too much trouble, I would be most curious to see what your signal path is guitar to amp, and if there might be a solution to your issue that might have been overlooked. In regards to the Gear Page, From my personal experience I find that the Gear Page tends to be a bit more savage when it comes to teeing off on manufacturers we have been disappointed by, so there is a tendency on this site which I believe has been in existence for a longer period of time and is perhaps a bit more familial and dare i say intimate. So I think what you got was a general reaction , when someone mentioned that Bob was being raked over the coals on GP. That was my first reaction, but reading your post I realized it was not a tirade of miss-directed anger like I see so much of on the Gear Page. The last time I posted a review there, on the OWA 1960 compressor, i got a response from some dude in France , slagging the designer, because he felt he was treated rudely. What kind of "review" is that? Its those kinds of "reviews" that I see that trigger knee jerk reactions from me when I see them directed at designers I know and like, or in the case of a guy like Bob, whom I really love. I know he will get it right, and I hope you revisit the product again at some point.
Cheers
 Bill