Re: fast video guy?

Todd,

On May 22, 2012, at 7:49 AM, todd reynolds wrote:

> wow.  i'm glad that came through past my eyes again!  That's beautiful
> both on the video AND the audio Ted.  Rockin'.  really amazing.
>
> Can you tell me a little about it?  from both angles?   Is it final cut?
>  Is that your rig over some great IDM drums?  how did you write it and
> compile it?
>
> All the best,
>
> todd

Thanks for the kind words todd.

I really appreciate it.

When I first created and posted that thing last October (if I recall),
only Rainer Straschill seemed to be particularly interested in the process
I was using.

He offered a few critiques and compliments, and asked how I had done it
all.

Rather than bore the pants off the list as a whole, I posted these two
replies directly to him:

Response #1

Rainer,

I don't even know what IDM means (though I think I can guess).

The basic underlying "beat" tracks were an out-take of the collaboration I
did with Krispen Hartung last year "Dance Music for Inanimate Objects"
<http://www.krispenhartung.com/dance/index.html>

Not wanting it to go to waste, I just decided to regurgitate [my part of]
it back up and do my "let's throw everything but the kitchen sink at it
and see what happens" thing.

The looped guitar parts (and several other things) all were played and
added yesterday.

It's a bit of a chaotic mess admittedly - but I sometimes like musical
chaotic messes.

I was invited to do it for for a compilation CD a friend of mine is
putting together - for which it had to fit a 4-minute time slot limitation.

It started out as a segment about 2-3 times as long snipped from a three
and a half hour recording session.

Does that make sense?

It's not a genre I think of as "my own" natively (I don't dance or go to
clubs).

So, yes, it is just something I thought I could do . . . or try beginning
a few years back.

Thanks for the critique.

Sincerely,

Ted