Re: More flexible electronic music setup

2012/5/24 Matt Davignon <mattdavignon@gmail.com>

To start with, I'd suggest a distortion pedal with a lot of settings
and knobs. (I use a Digitech Distortion Factory. I've seen others
recommend the Proco Rat.) External distortion pedals work wonders on
synths, because they react differently to different volume levels and
filter settings.

Hi  Kay'lon,

I second that recommendation, although from my experience, a Rat doesn't work too well for use with a synthesizer (your mileage may vary). I love to use a Big Muff for that.

Have fun with effect boxes. If you can't decide on which sort to use, get a line6 M5. It has all sorts of different stuff in it.

Cheers,
Johannes

--
jenko.nashorn@googlemail.com